Monday, December 29, 2008

glad the holidays are almost over!

i feel like i haven't blogged in such a long time! i have so many to catch up on.

christmas was good, although i'm glad it's over. i went back to my hometown for 4 days. holidays are hard. my parents are divorced and it's difficult to find time for everyone.

i went to montana christmas day to see my dad's side of the family. i definitely am the outsider and feel like i'm not related to any of them. they are all small town people, farmers, drinkers and hunters. my uncle was already drunk at 10 am then proceeded to go shoot a deer at 2 pm. don't get me wrong, i am not against hunting, but i don't think its necessary to go hunting while being over the legal limit. my other uncle who has only lived on the farm his entire life (he's 40) kept making fun of me by saying i was a full time babysitter. that pissed me off completely but had to pretend it didn't. if he only had a clue what i went through on a daily basis he wouldn't even think to joke about it. teaching is nowhere near like babysitting. i love my family to death, but i was glad to leave that day.

i am so broke right now. i feel like i haven't been this broke since college and it sucks. i'm heading to see Bison today. i'm going to stay until saturday. 5 days...it's going to be a true test to see if i get annoyed or not. when i get home saturday i have to work at the bar. i offered to pick up as many shifts as i could since the money situation isn't looking so good for me right now. no one was too willing to give me their shift, but at least i got one. that's better than nothing.

Bison and i keep arguing about what to do new year's eve. i think it's overrated and i would rather stay home or do something somewhat low key. i've never had a fun new years eve...hopefully this year will be different. it'll be interesting to see what we end up doing.

No comments: